My guest this week is Lesley Michaels equity warrior, speaker, entrepreneur, transformational coach and author of On The Shoulders Of Mighty Women. Throughout the years, Lesley has been a dedicated voice for bringing attention to the challenges, dehumanization, and legalized inequities delivered upon members of marginalized communities.
In our conversations we discuss:
- How women struggle to hold up more than just their half of the sky.
- How women have allowed themselves to be indoctrinated by the patriarchy and are walking around with internalized misogyny, pushing away from other women.
- Why a highly competitive stance with other women is feeding the patriarchy
- The importance of coming together conversing, communicating and supporting each other.
- The power of educating each other instead of taking oppositional stances in menopause.
- Asking yourself 'how are you going to use your privilege to enhance someone else's life today? '
- The power of stepping up to break down those silos and create our collective, stronger, cross-generational inclusive voice
You connect with Lesley through her website https://lesleymichaels.com/ Tune into her weekly podcast Women We Should Know and get a copy of her book On the Shoulders of Mighty Women
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/thriving-thru-menopause/exclusive-content
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and maybe leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening. Thank you!